Virtually every woman wants to become a mother, but not all women can become pregnant. This is a problem that is not customary to talk openly. But doctors insist that infertility is not a sentence. The most important thing is to find out the reasons and start the treatment in time.
In the article, we consider the variety of symptoms and a number of signs that impede the process of conceiving a baby.
How does this disease manifest?
There are two types of infertility:
- Primary infertility is a condition when a woman has never become pregnant during regular sex life. The reason for this may be congenital disorders, genetic causes and all the causes characteristic of secondary infertility.
- With secondary infertility, the pregnancies were, but they do not re-occur. It is often caused by the presence of pathological processes in the body: infections, somatic pathologies, psychogenic disorders, and external factors.
The symptoms that a woman may feel during infertility are quite diverse. They are also divided into types, depending on what caused the inability to conceive a child.
In the presence of erosion, dysplasia, cervicitis and genital infections, the quantity and structure of mucus that is produced in the cervix is disrupted. If it becomes very dense or it will be small, then the sperm will not be able to get into the fallopian tubes and fertilize the egg. A woman may feel dry in the vagina.
Reproductive impairment can be suspected if there are the following symptoms:
irregular menstrual cycle
- the first menstruation appeared very late (after 16 years),
- monthly abundant or scarce or completely absent,
- vaginal discharge have an unpleasant smell, which indicates inflammation,
- in the pelvis felt pain.
Such symptoms should not be ignored, as they clearly indicate a dysfunction of the female reproductive system.
If the problems are in violation of the work of the endocrine sphere, then the symptoms include:
- voice hardening
- body hair growth in atypical places
- skin problems (seborrhea, acne).
If the reproductive function is disturbed due to stress, the woman will be in a state of depression and constant nervous overstrain.
In the presence of acute infectious or chronic diseases, the following symptoms will come to the fore:
- vaginal discharge,
- pain during intercourse,
- inflammation of the genitals
- itching and other discomfort in the genital tract.
Are there monthly periods, and what could be the cycle?
When infertility can go full monthly, and a woman may not suspect the absence of ovulation in cycles. If the cycle lasts from 28 to 32 days, then there may be no reason for excitement. However, such situations are often encountered when the cycle starts to shorten or lengthen. This is called a crash. Any failure speaks of problems in the hormonal background.
If a situation has occurred, then the cycle can be both ovulatory and anovulatory, i.e. one in which there is no ovulation. In this case, you should contact your doctor for the necessary tests, since the presence of ovulation is difficult to track, simply relying on the cycle.
Also, some diseases provoke a complete absence of menstruation (amenorrhea). In this case, the cycle is usually anovulatory and conception is impossible.
Signs of hormonal imbalance in the female body
When violations in the balance of hormones in women and girls, the following symptoms:
- irregular menstruation (delay, absence),
- frequent mood swings and irritability,
- weight gain (rapid set regardless of the type of food),
- decrease in sexual desire
- chronic fatigue, insomnia,
- hair loss.
At what weight you can not get pregnant?
When planning a pregnancy, both excess and underweight can affect conception.
With a lack of body weight, a woman undergoes changes in the state of the reproductive system, since fertility is impaired. A reduction in body fat leads to a failure in ovulation, there is a reduced level of estrogen.
When overweight, conception is hampered by the fact that due to obesity hormonal failure occurs. For to calculate body mass index, weight should be divided by height squared.
Decipher the results can be based on the scale:
16 and less - a pronounced lack of mass
- 16-18,5 - underweight,
- 18.5-25 is a normal indicator
- 25-30 - overweight,
- 30-35 - obesity 1 degree,
- 35-40 - obesity 2 degrees,
- 40 or more - grade 3 obesity.
With obesity of the first degree and subsequent conceiving a child will be a problem. In case of obesity grade 3, measures should be taken urgently to lose weight., because it is impossible to get pregnant with such weight due to the beginning of hormonal changes. In some cases, there is amenorrhea.
Are there any special highlights?
Various sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) adversely affect the ability to conceive a child. They are characterized by the presence of the following selections:
- vitreous with itching and discomfort when urinating (chlamydia),
- whites of milky color, bad smell, itching, burning (genital mycosis),
- liquid, homogeneous consistency (bacterial vaginosis),
- copious offensive yellow-gray color, itching, burning, soreness (trichomoniasis).
What is characterized by the presence of adhesions and obstruction of the pipes?
Often the cause of infertility are spikes in the pelvis or obstruction of the pipes:
- If the course of the adhesions process is complicated, then the patient may feel a aching or dull pain in the lower abdomen, in the rectal area, lower back, and sacrum. The pain increases with physical exertion, defecation, sexual intercourse, during the period of ovulation.
- With obstruction of the fallopian tubes, a woman may also not feel any symptoms at all if there are no additional diseases. The only problem is non-occurrence of pregnancy.
Symptoms in gynecological diseases
Some gynecological diseases can also lead to infertility:
- polycystic ovary.
When uterine myoma symptoms are not always pronounced, however, a woman may feel pain in the pelvis, back, legs, during intercourse, menstruation may not go as usual (more than 8 days, with pain, clots).
In endometriosis, the typical symptoms are as follows: pain in the lower abdomen during menstruation, radiating to the lower back and sacrum. Discharge abundant and long lasting, possible "smearing."
In case of polycystic symptoms, the list of symptoms is extensive:
- cycle violations (delay, irregularity),
- excess of male hormones (hairiness, rash on the face, chest),
- pain in the ovaries.
In this way, If you find symptoms that are listed in this article, you should definitely tell your doctor about it., as in the treatment of infertility is important every little thing. From the consistency of the patient and the doctor depends on the time to achieve a successful result.